Cabrillo College will be in session on race day so parking will be impacted in and around the college. Join in the spirit of the occasion and ride your bike, car pool or take the bus!
A bike valet area will be available near Crocker Theater and shuttles will run from noon to 6pm from the Capitola Mall parking lot as well as lots just south of the college throughout the day.
Affected roads with temporary "rolling" closures:
- NB Hwy 1 at Bonny Doon at 1:00pm
- NB and SB Bonny Doon at 1:00pm
- Empire Grade between Bonny Doon and Jamison Creek at 1:30pm
- Jamison Creek between Empire Grade and CA 236 at 1:30pm
- CA236 between Jamison Creek and CA 9 at 1:45pm
- CA 9 between CA236 and Bear Creek at 1:45pm
- Bear Creek between CA 9 and CA 35 at 1:45pm
- CA 35 between Bear Creek and Summit Road at 2:15pm
- Summit Road between CA 35 and Soquel San Jose Rd at 2:15 pm
- Soquel San Jose Rd between Summit and Soquel Rd at 2:15 pm
- Soquel Rd between Soquel San Jose Rd and Cabrillo College at 2:30pm
- All times are approximate. All roads will reopen to normal traffic conditions as the race passes each intersection.
NOTE: Times are based upon an average speed of 28 mph, under ideal conditions. Actual times may vary.
Major Points for Residents and Business Owners:
- On-coming traffic will be stopped about 20 minutes before the race. Traffic going the same direction of the race may be allowed until the race approaches.
- All driveways exiting onto the course will be closed as the race passes
- Traffic may be allowed to cross the course until the race is approaching.
- Emergency vehicles will not be affected by road closures.
- Residents should remain patient when driving in the area of the event. Everyone should drive cautiously and speeds should be kept down.
Residents are welcome to line the race route at any access point to cheer on the 128 riders. We hope that you come out to watch the world’s finest professional cyclists compete in California’s largest sporting event.
Parking at or near Cabrillo on race day, Monday May 14th
Students and local residents are encourage to take the shuttle, public transport or ride their bikes on race day. There will be a bike valet station at the Crocker Theater and shuttles will be running every 20 minutes starting at noon from the following points and dropping folks on Soquel Ave near Cabrillo College road:
- Capitola Mall 41st Ave. entrance
- St. Joseph's Church, 435 Monterey Ave. Capitola
- St. John's Church, 125 Canterbury Dr., Aptos
- Coastlands Church, 280 State Park Dr., Aptos
- Soquel Dr. (This will be a "bridge" for any Santa Cruz County Metro passengers wishing to get dropped off at the Amgen drop off)
- Amgen finish and festival drop off at the left hand turn lane in front of the tennis courts and shuttle turn around.